SA Rice Mills has been a growing concern since 2007.
We started off selling rice and milling rice flour. Today we have a number of different products, including rice flour, organic rice, stone milled rice flour, extruded rice flour and puffed rice.
Rice Flour is gluten free and is used extensively by producers of gluten free products.
Extruded products are used mainly in ready to eat foods. Puffed rice can be used as an ingredient in cereals or as a snack.
As far back as 2500 B.C. rice has been documented as a source of food for people. Rice production originated in China and in terms of nutritional value , is the most important crop in the world.
Brown rice has more nutritional value than white rice, this is due to the outer brown layer containing proteins and minerals, whereas the white part contains mainly carbohydrates.
With more and more people being aware of their gluten intolerance, rice and rice flour products are becoming vital in the replacement of gluten rich grains.
DO YOU KNOW ?
- The word “rice” in Chinese also means “food”
- There are over 40,000 different types of rice
- Rice is produced on every continent except for Antarctica
- When you cook rice, it weighs 3 times its original weight
- Around 96% of rice eaten, is produced in that same area
- 90% of rice is produced in Asia
- All the ants in the world together, weigh more than all the elephants
Contact: Jo Galloway 082 497 4466